There is quite a bit of confusion among people regarding hemp oil and CBD oil. While they might seem like the same thing, they are in fact very different. Each of these substances comes from a difference source and offers their own unique benefits. Before you decide to go out and buy anything, you will need to learn the facts. This information can go a long way towards helping you to make the right overall decision.
CBD Oil Defined
CBD oil contains Cannabidiol, which is a chemical compound found in the cannabis sativa plant. It just one of over 100 different cannabinoids in this plant. THC levels are different depending on the specific plant. CBD is typically made from plants that do not contain much THC, so the oil does not produce any psychoactive effects. The oil is taken from the cannabis plant through one of a few different extraction methods.
Hemp Oil Defined
Hemp oil also comes from hemp, which is a variety of the cannabis sativa plant. The plants that hemp oil is derived from usually don’t contain many cannabinoids, so it is generally considered less potent than CBD. The oil is extracted from the seeds by pressing them with special equipment. The seeds in hemp do not contain any THC, so hemp oil does not have any psychoactive properties whatsoever. While there is sometimes Cannabidiol or CBD in hemp oil, it is usually very small traces.
Benefits/Uses of CBD Oil
There are many benefits of CBD oil that you should be aware of, including:
- Pain relief: CBD is one of the most popular natural remedies for pain relief because of its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sleep disorders: If you have a sleep disorder like insomnia, taking CBD can help quite a bit.
- Mood disorders: Anxiety, depression and other mood disorders tend to respond well to Cannabidiol. It has a soothing effect on the mind and body that can make you feel a lot better in a very short amount of time.
Benefits/Uses of Hemp Oil
While hemp oil isn’t quite as nutrient-rich as CBD, it does still offer some significant benefits to consider.
- Heart health: The high levels of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in hemp oil are very good for the heart. They can also help with mental concentration and even improve short term memory.
- Lower cholesterol: Numerous studies suggest that consuming hemp oil on a regular basis can be an effective means of lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Improved skin and hair: Using hemp oil on your skin and hair can improve their health and look in a very noticeable way. This is why you will find so many different skin and hair care products with hemp oil as one of the main active ingredients.
Who Should Use CBD Oil?
One of the great things about CBD oil is that it can be beneficial for so many people in a really big way. Those who have arthritis or another painful inflammatory condition can definitely benefit from it. People with insomnia, anxiety and even depression should look into it as well. It is also a good way to just relax after a long and stressful day. This makes it perfect for the average person.
Who Should Use Hemp Oil?
If you want to preserve your overall health as you get older, consuming hemp oil on a regular basis can be useful. It has the potential to reduce your likelihood of heart disease and other serious health problems that tend to occur later in life. It is also a good choice for those who want to improve the look and health of their hair, skin or nails.
Both hemp oil and CBD oil are very safe to consume on a regular basis. You will not be able to overdose from taking either one in any quantity. There is always the potential for mild negative side-effects or reactions, though they are fairly rare. It is always a good idea to speak with your doctor before starting on either one of these oils. While it is true that both are completely natural, certain people can be more sensitive to them than others.
Hemp oil and CBD oil are both worth looking into and offer their own set of benefits and medicinal uses. You should take the time to explore these options before deciding which to get. You can always choose to take them together, but you should start out with a low dosage for each. It is important that you work your way up slowly to avoid any potentially unpleasant reactions. CBD oil in particular is an incredibly versatile natural remedy that many people can benefit from. It has lots of benefits to offer and very few if any real drawbacks.